Yes, I am back to blogging after a very long break. Being a new mom, I have to go for healthy-easy to cook recipes now, this recipe is one of them. Dill leaves has lots of health benefits. It is known to be a good source of folic acid, Vitamin A, Beta Carotene etc and also a good source of dietary fibers. Dill Leaves is belived to help in increasing lactation so every nursing mom should use this herb. My mom was here for 3 months, she used to cook this dish atleast thrice a week.
Healthy food-Healthy life. Enjoy cooking.
Preparation time:30 min
Servings: Enough for 4
- 1 bunch Dill / Sabbasige soppu washed and chopped
- 1 large Tomato chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 cup Moong dall washed
- 5 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cooking oil or clarified butter ( I prefer clarrified butter)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Green Chillies chopped or 2 broken red chillies
- 1 tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- pinch of hing
- Heat Oil or Ghee/ clarifeid butter in pressure cooker pan. Add Mustard seeds, Green/ Red Chilli, Cumin seeds, Hing and Turmeric powder.
- Add chopped Onion and saute for 30 sec. Then add chopped Tomato and chopped Dill leaves. Saute for few sec.
- Add washed Moong dal, mix well. Pour 4 cups of water and salt to taste ( you can add it latter if you like). Let it whistle for 5-6 times. Allow to cool.
- Then mix well. Adjust the salt if required. Serve with hot steamed plane rice.