I am back after long with a delicious chutney recipe. As we all know, Mango is almost everyone's all time favourite veggie.We can make varieties of delicious dishes from this super veg. This is very simple and can be prepared quickly. It will last for more than a month if you store it in fridge(to be on the safer side). I learnt this chutney recipe from my aunt Veena Bhat. Combination of Mango-Garlic chutney and Coconut Oil is perfect with Dosa, chapathi and Idli. I am sure, you will love it. Give it shot. Have fun.
- 2 cups chopped raw Mango( with skin)
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Methi seeds/ fenugreek seeds
- 2 tbsp red Chilli powder ( to taste)
- Salt as Needed
- for Tempering:
- 2-3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Hing / Asafoetida
- Mix chopped Mango and about 2 tsp of salt in a bowl and keep it aside for 30 min.
- In the mean while, dry roast Mustard seeds and Methi seeds, then grind into fine powder.
- After 30 min, grind Mango, Garlic, Red Chilli and finely ground mustard- Methi powder into smooth paste. You can add 1/4 cup water.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, Hing and Turmeric powder. Saute for 20 sec.
- Now pour the ground mango mixture to the pan, adjust the salt and fry in a medium heat intill it becomes thick chutney. Keep mixing in between.
- Allow to cool, bottle and refrigerate.
- Do not forget to enjoy with Dosa, chapathi and Idli. You can even enjoy with Rice.