Preparation time : 20 min ( if u have Tinned Chick peas)
- 1/2 of small Cabbage chopped
- 1 tin Chick peas / Kabool Chana ( see note)
- 1/2 cup grated Coconut
- 1 small Onion chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3-4 sliced green Chili
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 tsp split yellow peas ( chana dal)
- 1 tsp washed Urad dal / Uddinabele
- Pinch of Hing
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Heat the Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Chana dal, Urad dal, Green chilies, Curry leaves, Turmeric powder and Hing respectively. Saute until Chana dal and Urad dall turn slightly brown color.
- Now add the chopped Onion, saute for a min.
- Then add chopped Cabbage and about 1/2 cup water. Cook for 2 min.
- Now add the Chick peas, salt to taste. Again cook for 4-5 min on a medium heat.
- Now add grated Coconut. Mix well.
- Serve with Chapati Or Rice and Rasam.
Hurray.....I am so excited announce that My blogger friend Teena Marry has passed me four awards. This is my first award. I am so happy, floating on air!!!!!..Do vist Teena Marry's blog, she has a beautiful blog and nice set of recipes.
I would like to pass this awards to some of my bloggy friends,
Sushma Malya @ Authentic Food Delights
Vani @ Recipe World
Sangi @ Spicy Treats
Akheela @ Torview
Chitra @ Chitranna
Jay @ Tasty Appetite