Preparation time: 20 min
- 1 medium size Yellow Cucumber cubed ( do not peel off, remove seeds)
- 1 1/2 cup freshly grated or dessicated Coconut
- 1/2 Lemon size Tamarind
- 1 1/4 tsp whole Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin / Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Methi / Fenugreek Seeds
- 4-5 Red Chilies ( to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Generous pinch of Hing
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3 cloves Garlic sliced
- 2 spring Curry leaves..
- Cook the chopped yellow Cucumber in water for 5 mins( half cooked).
- In the mean while, roast red Chilies, Coriander , Cumin and Methi seeds in a 1/2 tsp Oil.
- Then grind the roasted ingredients with Coconut, Tamarind, Turmeric and Hing( I used powder hing so didnt fry it. If you are using solid hing, roast it with other dry ingredients) with some water.
- Add ground mixture to half cooked yellow Ccucumber. Add salt to taste. Cook for another 15 on a medium flame.
- Temper with Mustard seeds, Garlic and Curry leaves.
- Serve with Rice.