This is one of the healthy and quick recipes learnt my aunt Sowmya Bhat. Thank you athe for a lovely recipe.I have used Green Tomatoes which I grew on MY balcony :).
Preparation Time: 25 min
- 1 large Green Tomato chopped ( I used 3 small)
- 1/2 cup grated Coconut
- 2-3 green Chilies ( to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 cups Yogourt / Curds
- 1 1/2 tsp Jaggery ( optimal)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Heat the Oil in pan, add Mustard seeds, once you here crackling sound add, Turmeric powder and chopped green Tomatoes. Then cook for about 3 min.
- Then add salt to taste, Jaggery and about 1/4 cup of water. Cook for another 3-4 min ( until 75% done).
- In the mean while grind grated Coconut, Mustard seeds and green Chilies into smooth paste using little water.
- Now add the ground mixture to cooked Tomatoes and cook for another 4-5 min on a medium heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Finally add Yogourt, adjust the salt if needed.
- Serve with plain rice or with any rice item of your choice.