Happy Diwali to everyone. I am back after a week with a new special recipe for you all. This sweet is one of the special sweets of Diwali. I thought of sharing it first as its a very new and special recipe for me, and usually prepared in Sagara side during Diwali festival. But, you do not have to wait until next Diwali . You can prepare it any time. I am planing to prepare this for next get together at our place as most of the people do not know;). Cheenikaayi is nothing but Pumpkin or Sihikumbala kaayi (in kannada). I should thank my co-sis Jyoti Kattinakere for this great recipe.. This sweet is a very simple, very tasty and doesn't consume much time. Give it a try. Do not wait for a year ha!! Have fun..
Preparation time: 30 min
- 4 cups peeled small cubed Pumpkin
- 1 cup Jaggery ( See the note)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1cup freshly grated Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Elachi/ Cardamom powder
- Take Jaggary and Pumpkin cubes in a pan. Add about 1/4 cup of water and salt. Cook for about 15-20 min or until Pumpkin gets soft.
- Now add grated Coconut and Cardamom powder. Mix well and cook for another 5 mins with continuous stirring.
- Serve with Ghee.
- Is it not a simple recipe?
Taste the jaggary before you use. Because Jaggary will be salty some times. If the Jaggary is salty do not add extra salt especially who use Acchu bella.