This is one of the simple recipes. You can make these laddoos for any occasion. I learnt this recipe from my mother in law. Give it a try and let me know how you liked it.
Preparation time: 15-20min
Servings: 6-7 medium balls
- 1 cup Jaggary
- 1 cup whole green Moong
- 1/8th tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup water.
- Take the Jaggary and water in a wide pan. Melt it in a medium heat. Keep stirring occasionally until you get a thick syrup( if you touch with your thumb and index finger, it should form a single string). Switch off the flame.
- In the mean while dry roast the Green Moong until you hear crackling sound or till you feel nice aroma.
- Coarsely grind the roasted Green Moong.
- Then add to the jaggary syrup, add cardamom powder. Mix well. Allow to cool for 5-10 min. Then make into small balls out of it.