Here is a good, healthy recipe for you all. As you know, Quinoa is a grain like edible seed, which contains essential amino-acids and is a good source of calcium, phosphorus, iron and rich in dietary fibre too ( learnt over the internet). I heard that lot of people lost their weight after including Quiona in their daily diet. There are lot of dishes which can be prepared from Quinoa. This is my own recipe. I just gave it a try, it came out really good. I hope you will try this and enjoy!.
Preparation time: 30-45 min
Servings: 2 ( 7-8 small Rotties)
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa ( see note)
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green Chili
- 1/2 inch Ginger root
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Jeera /Cumin
- pinch of Turmeric powder
- pinch of Hing / Asafoetida ( optional)
- salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp Oil
- Coarse grind the green Chilis, Cumin, Curry leaves, and Ginger root.
- Take coarsely ground spices, cooked Quinoa, Rice flour, finely chopped Onion, Hing, turmeric powder and salt to taste in a bowl. Mix well. Add some water if required. Consistency should be as of any Akki Rotti dough.
- Take a small portion of the dough, and pat it on a pan and cook both the sides until golden brown.
- Serve with Chutney of your choice.
Linking this post to Quinoa Event hosted by Priya.