Here is a another version of menthe ( methi) dose recipe. We already know the recipe of Menthe sihi dose. The procedure is same as sihi dose but the difference is, for menthe plain dose we do not add jaggery and slight change in quantity of ingredients. Here I am using less fenugreek seeds and adding pressed Rice instead of jaggary, it makes dosa very fluffy. You can even use grated coconut instead of pressed rice. It goes well with any chutney. Please feel free to ask me if you have any doubts. Enjoy.
- 5 cups white Rice
- 1/2 cup Fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup thin pressed rice / avalakki/poha
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Methi for 20-24 hours( see the note).
- Soak the rice for 3-4 hours.
- After soaking, grind both Methi into fine paste. Grind rice and pressed rice together into fine paste. Take both the pastes in a large vessel, add salt to taste and mix very well. Consistency should be as of any other Dosa batter. Do not add too much water..Allow to ferment for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Once after the fermentation, heat a pan, grease some oil and pour a ladle full of batter and spread a little. Do not spread very thin. Cover and cook on a low to medium heat for about 1-2 mins. Do not over cook.
- Then carefully flip the dose to cook other side.
- Serve with Ghee and Garlic Chutney.