Preparation time: 30 min
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Coconut
- 2 Green Chilies chopped to taste
- 2 tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 1 tsp Chana dal / split yellow lentil
- 1 tsp Urid dal / black gram dal
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves.
- 8-10 Cashew nut
- 2 tsp squeezed Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the Rice with 1 1/2 cup water ( 2 whistle).
- Heat Ghee in a pan, add Mustard seeds, Chana dal, Urid dal, green Chilies, Curry leaves and Cashew nut. Saute for 30-40 secs.
- Add Onion, saute for 2-3 min (until pale brown).
- Now add grated Coconut, saute for 3 min on a low to medium flame.
- Add cooked Rice, Salt to taste. Mix well. Finally add squeezed Lemon and mix well.
- Serve with raitha or any curry. I prefer curry as it contains coconut.
Note: You can finish off with handful of coriander leaves/ Cilantro.