Hmmm, I think its been a month, Our Yakshamitra troupe had a Yakshagana practice at someones place. I wanted to prepare some sweet for the session. I didnt know what to make. I just gave a call to my mom and she suggested me this awesome sweet. . Adding some Cashew gives a super like taste and flavour to the Burfi. It was my first attempt, I turned out really good. Everyone liked it. I was so happy at the end of the day..Try maaDi, enjoy maaDi!!!!
Preparation time: 30-35 min
Outcome: 20-25 slightly large pieces.
- 4 cups Sugar
- 2 cups desiccated or freshly grated Coconut
- 1 cup coarsely ground Cashew
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- few strands Saffron
- 1 cup milk
- Wide mouth pan
- large plate or tray
- 1 tsp Oil or Ghee / clarified butter for greasing.
- Take Sugar, Milk and Saffron in the wide mouth pan. Give a mix. Then melt the sugar in a low to medium flame until you get a thick sugar syrup. Syrup should form a single string when you touch with your finger.
- In the mean while grease the tray or plate with Oil or Ghee and keep it handy.
- Then add Desiccated Coconut, Cashew Powder and Cardamom powder. Keep mixing the mixture on a slow to medium heat. Do not take off your hand from mixing.
- When you see the mixture starts separating from edges of the pan as you see in the pic.
- Immidiately pour evenly on the tray or plate. Do not pat or touch.Leave it for 5 min.
- Then cut into whatever the shape u want with a sharp knife when it is still hot.