Have you ever tried preparing Bonda from Brijal / Eggplant?. If not, try this time.. I had tasted Eggplant bonda at one of my uncles place, so credit goes to my chikkamma/ aunt. Its been a long since I took the pics, today I got muhurtham to post this recipe.The preparation is same as any other Bondas. You will definitely like it if you are a Bonda person( hope everybody likes) :). Give it a try...Have fun.
Preparation time : 30 min
- 1 Large eggplant
- 1 1/2 cup basan / Gram flour
- 1 tsp crushed or whole Cumin seeds / Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- pinch of Hing/ Asafoetida
- Pinch of cooking soda
- salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients except Eggplant and Oil in a bowl. Add some water and mix into smooth batter ( Dosa batter consistency).
- Cut the Eggplant into 1/4 inch round slices.
- In the mean while heat the Oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Dip the Eggplant slice in the batter and deep fry in a medium heat until colour changes to light brown.
- Serve hot with Ketchup.