Menthe (Methi) is one of the flavourful seeds. It has lot of medicinal values. Methi seeds improve digestion , prevents constipation, gastritis and some other digestive problems, I have been told. Apart from all these, Methi is highly recommended for diabetic patients. I heard that Fenugreek oil ( I never tried) prevents hair shedding. There are lots of dishes that can be made using Methi. Here, I am sharing the one of the delicious, easy recipes. I learnt this recipe from my mom. Its a quite time consuming recipe, needs bit planning. Give this healthy recipe a try and more importantly, enjoy!
- 4 cups white Rice
- 1/2 cup Menthe / Methi/ fenugreek
- 1 cup Jaggery ( melted)
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Methi for 20-24 hours( see the note).
- Soak the rice for 3-4 hours.
- After soaking, grind both Methi and Rice separately into fine paste. Take both the pastes in a large vessel, add salt to taste and mix very well. Consistency should be as of any other Dosa batter. Do not add too much water..Allow to ferment for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Once after the fermentation add Jaggary and mix well.
- Heat a pan, grease some oi land pour a ladle full of batter and spread little. Do not spread very thin. Cover and cook on a low to medium heat for about 1-2 mins. Do not over cook.
- Then carefully flip the dose to cook other side.
- Serve with Ghee and Garlic Chutney or pickle.
I am sending this recipe to CWF - WS - FENUGREEK, an event hosted by Priya.