Hello friends, I am back after a week with a delicious Harive Sasive recipe. This is easy to make item and very delicious to eat!!!. I am very pleased to tell you that I have used Harive leaves ( Red spinach) I grew on MY balcony. I should thank my grand mother for packing a handful of Harive seeds for me. The seeds are enough for 2 more years!!!.
There could be different ways to make Harive sasive, but, what I am sharing here is Havyaka style recipe. Give it a try. Share it and let me know how you liked it.
Preparation time: 15-20 min.
- 3 cups chopped Red spinach ( including stems)
- 1 tsp Jaggary or Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh or frozen grated Coconut
- 2 green Chilies ( to taste)
- 2 cups plan Yogourt / Curds
- salt to taste
- Cook the chopped Red Spinach, Jaggary and salt with 2 cups of water for 8-10 mins. Then allow to cool.
- In the mean while, grind Coconut, Mustard seeds and green Chilies into smooth paste.
- Then add the ground mixture and Yogurt to the cooled cooked spinach. Adust the salt if needed. Mix well.
- Serve with plain Rice.