Have you ever tried Water Melon Dosa? If not here is the recipe!!..I learnt this recipe from Sudha Hegde, I had tried Dosa with Water Melon rind before but had never thought of adding pulp and Coconut. It came out really good. Give it a try. Enjoy.
- 3 cups Rice soaked in water for 3-4 hrs
- 1 cup Water Melon pulp chopped
- 1 cup Water Melon rind chopped (no need to peel the outer green part)
- 1/4 cup grated Coconut
- Salt to taste
- Sugar or Jaggery to taste ( optional)
- Cooking Oil
- Grind the soaked rice with Water Melon pulp, rind and Coconut. Do not have to add water since the pulp has lots of water.
- Add salt to taste and Sugar ( optional).
- Allow to ferment for 4-5 hrs or overnight.
- Heat a pan, smear the pan with Oil if required. Then pour a ladle full of batter and spread as thin as possible. Cover and cook for 1-2 mins. Cook both the sides.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice or whatever you like!!