One of my favourite Breakfasts. Easy to make If you have Dosa batter ready. Give it a try. Enjoy.
- 2 cups Rice
- 1/2 cup BlackGram dal / Urid dal
- 1 tsp Channa dal
- 1 tsp Methi Seeds
- 1/4 cup Pressed Rice / Poha / Avalakki
- Salt to taste
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 2 spring Curry leaves chopped
- Pinch of hing
- 2-3 Green chilies chopped
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- Oil as required
Paddu / Guliappa pan
- 1) Soak the Rice and Avalakki togather in water for 3-4 hours.
- 2 )Soak the Channa dal, Urid dal, Methi togather for 3-4 hours.
- Grind 1 and 2 separately with enough water and mix both. Add salt and mix well.
- Allow to ferment for over night. Consistency should be as of Dosa batter.
Now add all the spices to the fermented Batter. Mix well.
- Heat the Paddu pan, smear some oil, pour 1 tbsp of batter ( as required). You can add some oil on top if required.Cover and cook for 1-2 min, turn another side using a fork or sharp stick, again cook until you get a nice light brown colour.
- Serve hot with Chutney.