Hello friends, This is a very delicious, easy but quite consuming recipe. I learnt this recipe over the Internet, but tried with some changes. Try it out and let me know how you liked it. Enjoy.
Preparation time: aprox 40 min.
- 10-12 Baby Potatoes pressure cooked ( 3 wistles)
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1 tso Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Funnel seeds coarsely ground
- 2 tbsp Yogourt
- 1/2 Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder ( to taste)
- 5-6 tbsp cooking Oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi ( optional)
- Heat 1 tsp of Oil in a pan, add Turmeric powder, coarsley ground Funnel seeds and Ginger-Garlic paste. Saute for 30 secs.
- Now add Onion, saute for 2 min. Then add chopped Tomato, again saute for 3-4 min. Allow to cool a bit.
- Grind the cooled mixture into a thick paste and keep it aside.
- Now heat around 3 tbsp of oil in a pan, pour the ground mixture,add Red Chili powder, Kasoori methi,Coriander and Cumin powder. Cook until the mixture starts oozing out Oil. Then add Yogourt, cook for about 2 mins.
- Then add around 1 and a half cups of water.
- In the mean while, peel off the Potato and shallow fry them. Make 2-3 small holes on the Potato so that it can absorb the spices. Then add to the above mixture. Add salt to taste and Garam masala. Add some more water if required. Cook for 5-6 mins.
- Serve hot with Chapati, Naan or Rice.