Here is a typical Havyaka style Sorekaayi chutney recipe. I learnt this recipe from my mom. It doesnt take much time to prepare. Give it a try. Enjoy.
- 1 cup Sorekaayi sippe
- 2-3 red Chilies ( to taste)
- 1 tsp Coriander seed
- Pinch of hing / Asafoetida
- 1 cup grated Coconut ( fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Tamarind extract
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil ( I prefer Coconut oil)
- 1 broken red Chilli
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Cook the Sorekaayi sippe in water for 10-12 min ( until it becomes soft).
- Roast the red Chilies, Coriander seeds and Hing in 1/2 tsp Oil.
- Grind the roasted spices , Tamarind and salt with coconut for about 2 min, then add the cooked Bottle gourd peel and very little water. Again grind for a min.
- Finally temper with Mustard seeds and broken red chili.
- Serve with hot plain rice and a piece of Onion.