Here is a healthy, well known south Indian breakfast recipes for you all. It does not take much time, hardly takes 25-30 min..Give it a try..Enjoy.
- 2 cups Rava / cream of Wheat / semolina
- 2 cups Yogourt / Curds
- 1 tbsp Channa dal
- 1 spring Curry leaves chopped
- 1 tsp chopped Green chillies
- 2 tbsp of Cashew nut.
- 3/4 tsp cooking soda
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Oil
- salt to taste
- Coriander leaves chopped ( optional)
- Heat the Oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, once they splutter add channa dal, green Chilies, Cashew nuts and chopped curry leaves.Saute until Channa dal turns light brown.
- Now add Semolina and dry roast until aroma comes ( 4-5 min on medium flame).
- Allow to cool for 5 min.
- Now add yogourt, cooking soda and salt. Mix well into smooth batter( as same as any other Idly batter). Keep it aside for 5 min.
- Grease the Idly plates with some Oil if required. Pour a table spoon full of batter and steam for 15-20min.Allow to cool for few mins.
- Scoop out the Idlies from the plate and serve hot with Chutney and Potato Curry.