- 2 cups Basan / chick pea flour
- 1/2 Bread Fruit peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- pinch of Hing/ asafoetida
- salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Take all the ingredients except Bread fruit and Oil in a vessel. Add a cup of water and mix well to make a smooth batter. Carefully add the water if needed. Consistency should be as of Idli batter.
- Heat the Oil in a pan, Dip the sliced Bread fruit in the batter and deep fry. Fry until you see light brown colour.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.