This is one of the amazing recipes I ever learnt from my mom.This is my moms won recipe..Friend's if you are craving for Akki-Rotti and you have no much time just go ahead with this recipe.It exactly tastes like Akki-Rotti.I tried it for the first time but came out very well.I do not know how much I ate ;) and I have decided to not to make this Rotties anymore because we end up eating more than required.We can have it for both breakfast,lunch and dinner as well.Try it out and let me know how it turned out..Enjoy.
- 1 and a half cups Rave/ Semolina/ cream of Wheat.( aprox.225ml cup)
- 3 cups of water( use same cup used to measure Rave)
- Salt to taste
- some dry Wheat flour.
- Heat 4 cups of water in a skillet, as water starts boiling, add salt and Rave.Switch of the heat/flame.Mix well.Cover the skillet and keep aside for 5 min.
- Now knead the dough well and make small balls as you make for Chapathis.
- Now roll the dough as thin as possible using some dry flour( as same as Chapathi)
- Heat a pan or thava, care fully transfer the rotti into pan.Just half cook both the side, then cook further carefully in flame, it puffs out.
Note:You do not have to worry If you add more water by mistake, add some dry wheat flour and mix well.You can make around 15 medium size Rotties from 1 and a half cup flour.