Here is a delicious breakfast recipe prepared from my favourite veggie Magekaayi/ Yellow Cucumber or Bannada Savathe kaayi.I learnt this recipe from my mom.No fermentation required. Give it a try and let me know how it turned out. Enjoy
- 1 small Magekaayi/ Yellow Cucumber
- 2 cups rice( approx 300 gm)
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Rice in water for 3-4 hours.
- Peel the yellow Cucumber, remove the seeds and chop.
- Grind Soaked Rice and chopped Cucumber into smooth batter.Add some water if required or if you have chopped yellow Cucumber just add few pieces while grinding.
- Add salt to taste.
- Heat a Pan, smear some Oil if the Pan is not nonstick one( better use a non stick one). Take some batter and spread on the pan as thin as possible.Cover and cook for 1-2 min on medium to high heat.Cook both the sides if required.
- Serve hot with Chutney or Palya of your choice.
I love to have this dose with JuLaka.