This is an easy, quick recipe prepared from Besan or Chick flour.Its also called JuNaka. Give it a try, have fun cooking.
- 3 Tbsp Bansan / Chick flour
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 medium Tomato chopped
- 3 green Chilies chopped ( to taste)
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- Pinch of Hing / Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 squeezed Lemon
- Heat the Oil in a griddle, add Mustard seeds, once they splutter add the chopped green Chilies,Curry leaves, Hing, and Turmeric powder.Saute for 10 sec.
- Add the chopped Onion, saute for a min.Then add the chopped Tomato saute for 3-4 min,( until soft)
- Now mix the Besan with a cup of cold water, make sure there are no lumps, and add to the above spicy mixture, add a cup of water.Add salt to taste and sugar.Cook on a medium heat for 5-6 min.
- Once the Basan starts cooking, it will dense, add water if required.( consistency is your choice).
- Finally add Lemon juice and mix
- Serve hot with Chapati or Dose.