This is a very simple, quick recipe.It goes very well with Chapathi and Rice.
- 4 SeemeBadne kaayi / Chayote Squash
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 2-3 Green Chilies chopped ( to taste)
- few Curry leaves
- 2-3 tbsp grated Coconut( optional)
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Black Gram dal /Urid dal
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Peel and cut the SeemeBadne kayi in to halves , take off the middle part ( seed) then finely chop.
- Heat the Oil in Pan, add Mustard seeds, Urid dal, Chopped Green chilies, Curry leaves and Turmeric powder.Saute until Urid dal turns light brown.
- Now add the chopped Seemebadne kaayi, chopped Onion and salt to taste, cover and cook until soft.Keep stirring in between.
- Add grated Coconut and mix well.
- Serve hot with Chapathi, Rice and Rasum.