This is a very quick and very easy to make dish if you have left over Idlies;).Its usually prepared from left over Idlies but you can even use fresh Idlies.It suits well for breakfast or mid afternoon snack ..Enjoy..
- 10 Idlies mashed
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilies chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Black Gram/Urid dall
- 1 tsp Gram dall/ yellow split peas
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- pinch of Hing/Asafoetida
- 2 tsp oil or Ghee
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Heat the Oil / Ghee in a pan.Add Mustard seeds, once they splutter add Gram dall and Black Gram dall saute for 30-40 sec.Then add the Chopped Green Chilles, Curry leaves, Turmeric powder and Hing. Sauit for 20 sec.
- Now add finely chopped Onion, saute for 2 min or until tender.
- Then add mashed Idlies. add salt to taste. Mix well on a medium heat for 2-3 min.
- Now add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.