I do not have to tell much about Chana masala or popularly called Chole. This is one of the ever loved North Indian side dishes. Easy to make if you can remember the ingredients;).It goes very well with Roti, Naan, Puri,Bathura and even with Rice.I love to have Chana masala with Ghee Rice or Jeera Rice.Chana Masala can be prepared in different ways but I prepared to my taste. Give a try and do not forget to tell how you liked it.Enjoy...
- 1 can Chana/ Chick peas
- 1 large Tomato finely chopped
- 1 Medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Butter
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1 Green Chilli chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 Red Chilli powder(as per your taste)
- 8-10 Cashew soaked in milk for 8-10 min.
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp SUgar
- Salt to taste
- Heat the Butter in a pan, add the Jeera and chopped Onion, saute for 2 min.Then add Ginger-Garlic paste and Turmeric powder, saute for 30 sec.
- Then add chopped Green Chilli and chopped Tomatoes.Cover and cook for 5-6 min in a medium heat( until Tomato fully mashed).
- Now add Red Chilli powder, Coriander and Cumin powders, Kassori Methi, Garam masala,Sugar and salt to taste.Mix well.
- Then add Chick Peas.
- Grind the soaked Cashew in a blender in to a thick soft paste and add.
- Add a cup of Milk and boil for 10-12 min at medium heat.
- Adjust the salt if needed.
- Serve hot with Bathoora, Poori, Chapathi or Naan.