This is a very easy and quick recipe handed down from my mom.Try it out.Enjoy.
- 1 cup Moong Dal/ Hesaru bele
- 2 small or 1 big Tomato chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 squeezed Lemon
For Tempering/ Oggarane
- 2 tsp Ghee OR Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3-4 green Chillies chopped
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Pinch of Hing
- 1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- Pressure cook the Moong Dal with 3 cups of water. 3-4 whistles enough.Allow to cool.
- Heat the Ghee or Oil in a pan.Add mustard seeds, once they splutter add green Chilles, Curry leaves, Cumin seeds, Hing and Turmeric powder.
- Add Onion and Tomato, saute for 2 min.
- Now add cooked Moong dall, some water if required and salt to taste.Boil for 5-6 min.
- Finally add Lemon juice and mix.
- Serve hot with Rice or Chapati.