- 1/2 kg Tindora/Thondekaayi slitted.
- 1/2 cup grated Coconut.
- 3-4 Red Chilles
- 1/4th tsp Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Tamarind quarter Lemon size.
- 2 springs Curry leaves
- 3-4 Garlic pods crushed or chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- Oil for tempering
- Salt to taste
- Cook the Tindora with some water and salt.
- Grind the grated Coconut, Coriander seeds, Asafoetida, Turmeric powder, Red Chillies into smooth paste with some Water. Do not fry / roast any ingredients.
- Then add to cooked Tindora and boil for 3-4 min.
- For Tempering: Heat 2 tsp of Oil in a pan, add the Mustard seeds,once they splutter add Garlic and Curry leaves,Saute for 1 min or until color of the Garlic changes to light brown.Then add to Curry.
- Serve hot with Rice.