This is one of my favorite Thamblis forever.I always feel having Rice with thambli is nothing but haven.Its a very easy to make recipe and hardly takes 5 min.We can make bonda and chatney too from Doddaptre.I will post those recipes soon( running short of leaves in my gardern!!!).It has great medicinal value, In India its more commonly used as a home remedy for cold, congestion, acidity and indigestion.Click here to know more about Medicinal values..We usually call Doddapatre as Sambar soppu.Give a try and let me know how you like it.Enjoy.
5-6 Doddapatre leaves
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 green Chillies
3 tsp grated Coconut.
1-2 tsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1 red Chilli for tempering
2 cups butter Milk
Salt to taste
- Roast the Doddapatre, 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds, green Chillies with a tsp of Oil in a pan and allow to cool.
- Then finely grind with Coconut and some water.
- Add butter milk and water if needed. Add salt to taste.
- For tempering:Heat the oil in a pan,add Mustard seeds,once the Mustered seeds are popped add broken Red Chiili and 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds and pour to the butter Milk mixture.
- Serve with Rice and Pickle.