- 2 cups (apr 200 gms)Uppittu rave/Upma suji
- 2 cups chopped Pumpkin
- Cardamum powder
- 1 cup Jaggery
- Dry roast the Rave/suji, keep it aside.
- Cook the chopped Pumpkin with Jaggery, pinch of Cardamum powder and 2 cups of water for 5 min in medium flame.
- Then add roasted Suji to the Pumpkin mixture and cook it for 3-4 min in low flame, keep continuously stirring.Make sure no lumps.
- Then thin spread(not very thin) the mixture on small steel plate and steam for 25-30 min( first 15 min at high to medium flame and other 15 min at low flame.
- Allow to cool for 10 min and cut them if needed.
- Serve with Ghee and Kaayi haalu(Coconut milk).
Note:To make the Kadubu in traditional way, we should use Banana leaf instead of plates. You can even use Allumininum foil if you do not have Banana leaf.I used thatte Idli plates as I do not get Banana leaf here.