I was trying to make Badhal Gobi as shown in the VaReVah.com. But it ended up little watery as I added more water. To make the gravy thick, I thought of adding ground Cashew nuts and Coconut. It came out really fantastic. It was no longer Badal Gobi. I named it Gobi-Mutter -Paneer masala. Click here to see the original recipe.
- 12-15 washed Gobi/Cauliflower florets
- 1 cup frozen or fresh Peas
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger grated
- 1-2 cloves of Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder(to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi (dreid Fenugreek leaves)
- 7-8 Cashew nuts
- 3 tsp Coconut grated
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250ml Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tsp of Oil in a thick bottom pan, add Cumin seeds, Turmeric powder,grated Ginger and Garlic,chopped Onion saute for 4-5 min.Then add chopped Tomato,Coriander powder, Cumin powder,Red Chilli powder. Cover and cook for 10 min on low flame then add Kasoori Methi
- Add around 250-300 ml water, Gobi florets, Peas, salt,Sugar and GaramMasala.Then cover and cook for 6-7 min.
- In the mean while grind grated Coconut and Cashew nut.
- Boil 250ml milk, add lemon juice, once the Milk is curdle drain out the whey and keep it aside.
- Once the Gobi is cooked add Coconut-Cashew paste and Curdled Milk.Boil for 4-5 min.
- Serve with Naan,Rotti,Kulcha or Chapati.