- 4 cups white Rice
- 1tsp Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Soak rice for 4-5 hours
- Finly grind with water(conststency shuld be as same as Dose batter, not be too thick or watery)
- add Salt to taste, Cumin powder and mix well in a wide mouth thick bottom pan.
- Cook the above mixture at low to medium flame with continuous stirring untill it becomes thick(should be able to make balls).
- Allow to cool.
- Knead the dough for 3-4 mins and make medium size balls(slightly oval shape as it has to go into the maker) out of it.Then steam cook in a cooker for 15 -20 mins.
- Transfer the balls into Shavige maker and press carefully when the balls are hot else dough endup sticky.
- Serve with sweet Cocounut milk and Ghee.
Sihi or Sweet Spaghatti.
- You will need 1/2 bowl of Jaggery for this.
- Once you grind the soaked rice ,just devide in to two portions in a separate vessel or pan.
- Add jaggery to one portion and cook.
- Follow the same steps as above.