- 2 raw Banana peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Jeera / Cumin
- ¼ tsp methi seeds/fenugreek
- pinch of hing/ asofoetida
- 3-4 red chillies
- 1 tsp of temerind juice
- 4 tsp grated coconut
- ½ tsp mustered seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp oil
- 8-10 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- Roast Coriander seeds, Jeera(Cumin), Methi seeds(Fenugreek) and Red Chillies in a pan.
- Grind all roasted ingredients, coconut and Hing with little water. The Masala is ready.
- Heat a tea spoon full of oil in a thick bottom pan. Add Mustered seeds, Curry leaves and Turmeric powder. Fry well. Add chopped raw Banana and mix well. Stir occasionally for even cooking. Do not cook Banana completely; leave it half cooked.
- Then mix half cooked Banana, Masala , Tamarind juice and salt ogether and continue cooking till its properly cooked. Keep on stirring in between as Banana sticks easily to bottom of the pan
- Then serve with Chapati or Rice and Rasam (saaru).